- Sun 16 Jun Club Bullwinkle 3 - 1 McCarthy Corporate Teams 1
- Sun 16 Jun Club Bullwinkle 3 - 1 AMA Corporate Teams 2
- Sun 16 Jun Club Bullwinkle 3 - 1 Hervey Bay City Council Corporate Teams 3
- Sun 16 Jun Club Bullwinkle 1 - 3 Somerset College Corporate Teams 4
- Sun 16 Jun Club Bullwinkle 4 - 0 Somerset College Corporate Teams 5
- Sun 16 Jun Club Bullwinkle 4 - 0 Somerset College Corporate Teams 6
- Sun 16 Jun Club Bullwinkle 4 - 0 Citiscope Corporate Teams 7
Ten businesses put together teams and travelled to the Lakelands Golf Course for this year’s Charity Challenge, the proceeds of which went to Paradise Kids, an organisation that works with children experiencing grief, loss or life-limiting illness.
Gold Coast Trophies and Engraving, the working home of four Club Bullwinkle members, started slowly but stormed home to win on countback from AMA, captain Russell Mowles proving inspirational with a picket fence score.
It was a rags to riches story for the close-knit Gold Coast Trophies team, the members of which had hardly even spoken to each other until the day that Russell – in an effort to promote a more family atmosphere at work – placed a chess set in the communal lunch-room and encouraged his employees to push the pieces around.
Senior Sales Rep ~ Customer Relations Officer ~ Assistant Sales Rep ~ The Boss
#1: Jacob ‘Herschelle’ Edwards ~ cites an unkempt appearance and carefully blank expression as the keys to hard-selling ~ 5/7
#2: Karina Mowles ~ believes that customer relations revolve around the ability to use a telephone (communication) while simultaneously checking things (quality control) and tripping over (comic relief) ~ 4/7
#3: Allinta Rose ~ enjoys an almost spiritual link with the finished product and so attributes her marketing success to the policy of selling each trophy as if she were selling herself ~ 6/7
#4: Russell ‘Scooter’ Mowles ~ identifies delegation as the hallmark of fine upper management, and draws attention to his successful delegation of the top three board positions on this occasion ~ 7/7